Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fall is on it's way!

Hello Friends. I hate to start the conversation, but after the cool temperatures at the end of the week, I think autumn has arrived in Mooseville. My neighbor, Mr. Barker, reports that he had 37 degrees outside his back door the other morning and that is just a moose wink away from a frost. But being the eternally optimistic Mayor that I am, I think we are in for a long and warm Indian summer despite the Farmer’s Almanac. Maybe if we all just believe, it will happen and we can expect sunshine and warm temperatures through September.

September will be upon us next week and many of the kids are already back at school. Is it my imagination or does the summer seem to get shorter every year? Anyway, watch out for those school buses and kids crossing the road. Gosh, driving is hard – with moose, deer and kids all convinced that they have to cross the road because the grass is always greener there. And soon those leaf peapers will be stopping in the middle of the road to take my picture. Can’t they just buy a postcard - the photos of my cousin Charles are much better anyway?

I thought today I would mention the five crazy women that live down the road. These women make such a fuss some mornings; it is hard to believe they haven’t ended up on the dinner table. It is a good thing that they live with a vegetarian. Oh, I guess it is prudent to mention that they are chickens. Anyway, I just want to say hello to the fabulous five: Nutmeg, Pepper, Violet, Marigold and Thyme.

I am trying to come up with a catchy slogan...I'll keep you posted! Check out Mooseville for all kinds of moose goodies!

No comments: