Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seth Wescott and Gold Medals


Greetings Friends!

I have been keeping tabs on my friend Seth Wescott – hometown pride of Farmington, Maine. He won his second gold medal last week in snowboard cross and the cheers from Carrabassett Valley could be heard all around Mooseville, not to mention Vancouver. The Olympics are so exciting - men and women from all over the United States are winning medals and going crazy fast and high on skis and snowboards. And have you seen those speed skaters, it seems like they can skate sideways and jump over people! Apolo Ohno is simply amazing!

I, on the other hand, being a moose and all, have trouble keeping all four hooves on the ground when it is icy, but I digress. The Olympics get me so excited and distracted!!

And now for the next installment of my memoir – hopefully, I won’t get distracted this time…

Once upon a Moose

I still love swimming, but it would be hard to pick a favorite pond. But the leading contenders are... I know you are waiting patiently for my list, so here goes.
Let’s see ponds...Harvey Pond and Lufkin Pond. I do love all kinds of water, but I am especially fond of the pools at Smalls Falls and the icy cold water that runs in Orbeton Stream. I also love the Sandy River! Lakes are even more difficult, there are so many I love, but they do have a great pizza next to Clearwater Lake at the Ugly Moose. I haven’t ever seen an ugly moose, but I would admit I have had a few bad hair days in my life and nothing helps the confidence of moose like a slice of pizza. Speaking of moose food – I do love those nice ladies at Moosely Bagels in Rangeley, and their place is along side another great lake and they have the very best wild berry bagels!

My hope was not to get too distracted, but you can see what happens when you are budding Moose author is overdue for dinner!

No comments: