Saturday, March 14, 2009

Daylight Savings Time!


Hello Friends! (oops I forgot to publish this one!)

After a long February vacation around Mooseville, I have returned to remind you about Daylight Savings Time. Last night, the clocks were supposed to spring forward in the middle of the night and when we woke up it was an hour later.

March is one of those ironic months. For example, yesterday I saw people wearing sweatshirts instead of coats, puddles of water and sunshine, but this morning there was a wet and sticky snow covering everything in Mooseville.

I still don’t understand the time change, because time it is doesn’t matter much when you are a moose who doesn’t wear a watch. I get up when it is sunny and go to bed when it is dark, but occasionally I do stay up to watch late night television but that is a story for another time. But the hardest part of the time change is remembering what clocks you have changed and which ones you haven’t.

While I have your attention, I do want to encourage you to change the batteries in your smoke detectors. You could run down to the Phillips Hardware and I am sure Betty can fix you up with some new 9-volt batteries. Did you know you should replace your smoke detectors every ten years? I apologize for adding something else to your to do list!

Since you have absolutely no idea what time it is, I would recommend that you make yourself another cup of coffee, read all about the specials at the Mooseville store and have a great day!

No comments: