Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hello there Spring!

Hello there Spring!

Spring has sprung around western Maine – grass is visible, albeit brown, driveways are muddy and the snow sure is melting after a handful of warm days.
I did visit my smart friends down at the University of Maine – Farmington and saw a row of brave tulips poking up near the library, can’t wait for those colors. It seems too soon for those, but who am I to say!
As the mayor of Mooseville, I haven’t had much to say politically of late, but I think we should all take advantage of the Spring to celebrate the “Day the Moose Sprung” day!
A day where you might sit on your back porch and relish in the sunshine and laugh at the cluster flies who are confused by the warm temperatures and the big snow bank that you created with all that shoveling over the railing. Or maybe, you might head down to Farmington and sit on the bench outside Java Joes and just wave at the cars driving by…it is fun for me! Or just maybe, you could live dangerously and wash that old beater of a car you drive – as long as the dirt isn’t holding it all together!
I hope you have a great week filled with sunshine! Ahhh…the joy of spring – I can lick the salt off the roadways and wander through the melting bogs…wait, I think I feel a haiku coming.

Spring moose temptations
Laugh at the camera-laden cars
Wander across the road

No comments: