Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day and Back to School!

Labor Day, Back to School, and the promise of incoming pumpkins
decorations and a scarecrows reunion– what’s next? Sleet, Frost and
Snow!

Well as you know moose like me do not deal well with change and we have
a hard time with smooth transition, but I do love the cool mornings
and catching the sight of my breath in the morning. The leaves are
all still green and the grass continues to grow, but hurry up and
enjoy the last bits of summer sunshine.

I have not talked about the blackberries up in Madrid, Maine (that is pronounced Mah-drid for none natives that may not know!)! They are
so fat, sweet and juicy that they are falling off onto the ground, but be
quick to pick them because they never last long. I keep hoping for a blackberry
pie with a scope of vanilla ice cream on top. Now that is just like a
slice of summer heaven.

Do you ever wonder how one moose, say the Mayor of Mooseville, could
spend so much time talking about the weather and snacks? If you have
to ask, I will tell you how it is because inquiring minds need to
know. As the Mayor, I spend my days wandering about in Mooseville,
but really it is a quiet little place.

I might dabble in politics and chat with the local folks, but there
is not much newsworthy that goes on around town. I mean, really, do
you need to know what Larry, down at the Transfer Station, is up to
right this minute or what the special was over at Country Bumpkins
last Tuesday. Probably not so I just tell you about a few fun things that happen to me in my life!

I think everything in the neighbor’s garden pulled trough okay last
week when we had a hint of frost, even his tomato plants. I have
decided to make some green tomato pickles tonight; maybe I will even
have a picnic and enjoy the view from beside Toothaker Pond tomorrow. Until
next time, be sure to keep smiling like a moose!

No comments: