Saturday, December 26, 2009

Once in a Blue Moose


Hello friends!

I just realized that next week will be a very special one, indeed! The moon will be full on New Year's Eve and that will make it "a once in a blue moon" celebration for my friends and family.

Being an inquisitive moose, I found out that a "Blue" moon happens when there are two full moons in a single month, but the phenomenon rarely happens to coincide with the last day of the year. It does happen every few years because the moon cycle lasts 29 days, so the extra days add up over time.

Do you remember where you were on the last day of 1990? It might be better if you cannot remember – the late eighties and early nineties had serious fashion missteps, especially for a moose like me, but that was also the last time there was a blue moon on the last day of the year! We can look forward to the next one New Year's Eve blue moon until 2028. Wow! That's a long time from now!

So will the moon impact your party plans to celebrate the New Year?

A moonlight kiss at midnight sure sounds romantic for a sappy moose like me and for devoted moose fan, I know that Corey has rustled up some great "Blue Moose" goodies down at the store.

The full moon does seem to bring out the wild side of most people, so be careful out there!

My next blog will be coming to you, straight from the year 2010! I can hardly believe it has happened again, all my resolutions from last year have been forgotten or long abandoned. But I promise that I will come up with a new list!

No comments: