Sunday, January 31, 2010

Welcome 2010 Moose Style!

I know, I really know that I am just a few weeks late, but I have been super busy moosing around! I also know that I am overdue on my list of resolutions for the New Year. I decided this year, I would follow the old advice that less is more, so I only have three resolutions.

One: Be on Time! You can certainly see that I am definitely getting off on the wrong hoof with this one. But, I am trying and hopefully will do better!

Two: Read More Books! This is another one of the resolutions that seems to come up year after year, but I do plan to visit the library more often. And it seems that I am just in time for the Penny Auction at the Phillips Library! Shopping - now that would be a resolution I could really be good at keeping. I did read the back of the cover of a great little book called A Good Dog. It appears that it is all about a dog named Orson. That brings me to my next and final resolution.

Three: Write my memoir! I am thinking about calling it A Good Moose: The story of Brodey. It does seem unlikely that Jon Katz, author of A Good Dog, will have time to write about my life. He does have a farm and a whole pile of dogs to take care of, besides he isn't available as moose ghostwriter. So I guess the sole responsibility
falls to me.

And so it begins, in earnest with something like this, "Once upon a
time, there was a moose named Brodey..."

Stay tuned and I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: