Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Spring!


The balmy weather around Mooseville is truly splendid! It might even make it to 80 degrees this afternoon, but it does look silly to have patches of snow right beside those daffodils.

Yesterday, I checked out the happenings up at Saddleback – pond skimming on skis and snowboards. It sounds like absolutely ridiculous behavior, but it was precariously funny looking too. I went with my new friends Diana and Wyatt and what a time we had. I thought you might like to see a photo too!

I have been keeping busy surveying all those mud puddles and can’t wait to start swimming. I worry that many folks still have swimming pools in their basements, but a few more warm dry days ahead should help them out.

Can we talk honestly about chickens! I recently spent some time with Marigold and her ladies in Madrid and they are working hard to provide enough eggs for everyone’s Easter celebrations, but really, I have been hoping to inspire Marigold to start writing her own blog. She remains resistant, but I will keep trying. It seems like there might be some crazy chicken adventures that we are all missing.

I have also been in touch with the nice folks at CNN – they definitely don’t cover the most important Moose News. When President Obama comes to Maine, he gets full coverage, but when I open the new store in Farmington and they will not even send the TV cameras for a live shot. Imagaine!

And this week’s biggest news, the asparagus is coming!

Have a wonderful Easter, Passover, or whatever you feel like celebrating!

No comments: