Sunday, May 9, 2010

Frenzy about Fiddleheads


I have been so distracted by fiddleheads that I haven’t written my column in a few weeks. Do you know about fiddleheads? They are a most wonderful little taste sensation that grows along the banks of the Sandy River in the springtime. Many have described them as a cross between asparagus and broccoli, but I think they have a special flavor all their own, but you have to be quick because they will be gone until next year sooner than you think.

I like them raw, but most folks cook them. Or you can pickle them, steam or sauté them with butter, it is hard to go wrong with fiddleheads.

Everything is in bloom including my allergies, but it does appear that spring has arrived a little earlier than usual. Besides the fiddleheads, Corey and I have been busy at the new store in Farmington. He has ordered up some great new products that feature my friends, so be sure to stop by and visit us soon.

I wanted to send out a hello to my pal, Luke who celebrated his 105th birthday on April Fool’s Day. He is one old dog, but he is enjoying his retirement! I know you like to see pictures of me, but Luke really wanted to be on Willard Scott’s birthday list and this was as close as I could muster for this year.

Have a great week of fiddlehead eating ahead!

No comments: