Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wood Piles


Greetings!

October has come to a close and most of the trees around Mooseville have shed their leaves. The weather sure has been unseasonable the last few weeks, but winter will be coming on quick now that we have turned the calendar to November.

Most folks are still scrambling to button up their houses before the cold wind starts blowing. This week I saw a scary site – a crazy bearded guy poised rather precariously on ladder yielding a caulking gun. I am not sure what possessed him to think that thirty feet up in the air was the place to wave his arms around and try to learn how to fly, but it did make for amusing entertainment while I was eating his Brussels sprouts. But I won’t reveal his name – wouldn’t want the neighbors to talk.

I did see him with his feet firmly planted on the ground yesterday, but he wasn’t moving too fast. I think he may have caulked his shoes together by mistake.

Speaking of my neighbors, I can’t even see their house because of the huge stack of wood they have piled out front – maybe they are using it as rustic decoration. I know they do not have the same sense of moose fashion that I do, but really, they could try a little harder. At least, they could visit the Mooseville website for some moose accessories.

I am starting feel a little distracted and a bit itchy these days, as my winter coat starts to grow. I did hear from my cousin Marvin who lives by Mooselukemeguntic Lake that it has already snowed up his way. He waits all summer for that first snow, but then he is the first to complain that he’s mooserable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has been warm hasn't it? I'm hoping for a bit less snow this year than last, but it is good for the skiers!