Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Holidays!


Well, the holidays are just around the corner and if you have not finished your shopping, I hate to sound pessimistic, but you are seriously running out of time.

Mooseville as you know is located in the western mountains of Maine and as a result, I always think that locating the perfect Christmas tree should not be hard. I spend the better part of most days wandering around the woods, so theoretically I have had all year to look at my options.

Well, last weekend, I went for a walk to find the Christmas tree. The snow was crusty enough after the ice storm to be annoying, but not too deep. I started up a little hill and came to a pleasant little frozen bog, but the perfect tree still eluded me.

You know what I mean. Not too short, not too tall…and for humans they have to worry about too wide to fit though the front door, but you cannot get one that is too skinny either! A skinny tree is like a skinny moose – just wrong.

A few snowflakes and a long walk, make the perfect tree easier to find after a while. Your perfect tree is somehow redefined as you start fantasizing about a cup of hot chocolate.

And almost before I realized it – there it was standing before me. Well, as a moose I do not have much use for cutting it down and hauling it down the side of the mountain, but I like to take a few minutes with my tree and take stock of the last year.

It was an adventure and my year was full of fun and I met some interesting folks along the way – so to each of you, I want to say Happy Holidays and wish you the best for 2009!

I know, I am usually not so philosophical, but it happens, now and again when you give a moose like me a blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Moose,

All of the moose packs in NH wish you and yours a very merry Christmas and we hope 2009 will be even more fun and adventure for you than 2008.

BTW, We like your style!

Terry Moose