Saturday, December 6, 2008

Time flies like the snow!


Happy December!

While I know the big thing on everyone’s mind is the round happy guy with the overgrown goatee these days, I wanted to tell you about one of the legendary residents of Mooseville.

As the mayor, I meet all kinds of interesting moose in my travels. I wanted to send a hello out to my good friend Roger. He has been keeping an eye on all the winter preparations going on at Saddleback Maine. The mountain is due to open any day now and Roger said the snow is really piling up.

Roger has started training for the Lollipop races. It takes a lot of practice to coordinate all four moose legs on skis to go in the same direction, but to be fair how many moose do you know that can ski?

Be sure to wave to Roger – he has been hanging out near the Access Road keeping the trees trimmed!

There is still no words from President elect – Obama on the appointment of the Secretary of the Moose. When I was checking on the latest moose news, I did find these two important moose facts from the folks at the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. ”A moose can store more than 100 pounds of food in its stomach. Moose can run 35 mph and easily swim 10 miles without stopping.”

I didn’t, however, find anything about Roger’s downhill ski record online, but maybe it is top-secret because of his status as a potential Secretary of the Moose candidate! I will keep you posted!

No comments: