Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

The time has come to say goodbye to 2008 and welcome in 2009! I always resolve to eat less and exercise more, but quickly fall down on my plans…just as soon as the new spring grasses are starting to grow and I can stand the better part of a day in a single spot chewing happily away.

Nonetheless, I figured it was about time for another top ten list to celebrate my new year’s resolutions.

As the mayor of Mooseville, I resolve to:

10) Not to eat more than two or three gardens this year – but watch out because I am likely to fail miserably at this one.

9) Get satellite television, so I can watch all my fellow creatures on the National Geographic channel – it is a long cold winter in Mooseville!

8) Get a good haircut, so I don’t look too mangy in the spring.

7) Not make fun of humans – even if they are funny looking!

6) Start writing my own great American Moose novel.

5) Learn something new, maybe like parasailing or French cooking (I can’t wait to share the photos with you!).

4) Send a thank you note to Corey for helping spread the love of Moose throughout the world.

3) Visit Roger at Saddleback and take some skiing lessons from him.

2) Keep all my blog readers informed about important Moose issues!

And my number one resolution for 2009 is…

To try my best to stay out of trouble and have fun every day!


One of my friend's favorite quotes (I'm deciding that it is one of mine too!) was written in 1905 by Bessie Stanley of Lincoln, NE:

"He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who has gained the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children; who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; who has left the world better than he found it, whether by an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul; who has never lacked appreciation of earth’s beauty or failed to express it; who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had; whose life was an inspiration; whose memory a benediction."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Bessie, for words that are profound and oh so true. What a legacy we would leave if we lived our lives that way.
And please pass my thanks on to Corey for all the good work he does!
GR, Madrid