Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bunnies and Moose


What is a moose to do? Is it time to wander beneath the trees, hide in the tall grass or watch a thunderstorm race across the sky, but if you don’t know the right answer – all of the above will keep you busy this summer. I also love to swat the mosquitoes with my tail and stand near the road to have my portrait taken. Oh wait, I don’t have a tail so those mosquitoes just keep pestering me!

I wish you would send those funny photos of me and my neighbors to us here at Mooseville and if we look like rock stars, I might post it for everyone to see.

The summer is going by so quickly –it is only a few more weeks till Old Home Days in Phillips. This year’s theme makes me laugh because I just love Duct Tape and you can use it in so many ways. I can’t wait to see the parade floats look like – a creative bunch those Phillips folks are! The list of events seems to get longer every year – but this year I am looking forward to the Everything Sale at the Old Gym and wandering by the train tracks to wave at the people. I might dress up as the four-legged Ghost of Duct Tape just to keep things interesting.
I do want to send out a hello to Charlie – he is my new little buddy who moved up to Mooseville from Wilton. He thinks he is going to grow up to be a lion, but really he is just a rabbit with a big head of hair and likely won’t grow to be more than three pounds.

The garden seems to be emerging from the mud now, but after such a slow start, I am not sure if there will be any tomatoes. The potatoes seem happy, but it is hard for me to dig those up with two left hooves, so I am hoping for a little help. Charlie and I do love the carrot tops, but we have learned that if we eat too many carrot tops, there aren’t any carrots left for the winter! That was a tough lesson for both of us to swallow!

Well, I guess that is all of my moosely wisdom for today! Check out our website www.mooseville.com!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brodley, Thank you for keeping us informed about all of the great things that are going on in Mooseville. I know it can be hard to keep these blogs going - and especially as you have to type only using hooves! Even though I've never met a moose in person, I think you guys are terrific. Keep up the good work! ~ all the best, Owlivia