Saturday, July 4, 2009

Doing the Moose Walk

Here we are on the verge of summer -at least, we are hoping that the monsoon season is coming to a close in the mountains of Maine. June was rumored to have been the rainiest in decades, maybe ever, so we aren’t hoping for a drought, but a sunny day would be a nice change of pace.
Family, Fun and Fireworks - I hope you had a great day yesterday to celebrate Independence Day!

The barbecues were fired up in Madrid (pronounced maaaa-drid - you have to draw out the a) for the annual picnic and they even had a deep fried turkey. Those ladies sure do put out a nice spread of snacks – salads of every kind, decadent cakes and pies and my favorite - sour pickles.

Micah turned the big 4 years old yesterday and he is convinced that all the fireworks are just for his birthday. And being four, you can’t argue with him.

There have been lots of photos in the news of my nephew Buckey. He is my sister’s youngest boy, but even he is having trouble competing with the news about Michael Jackson. Out of respect, I have been trying to learn how to do the moon walk, but having four legs rather than two makes it quite a sight. I will spare you the photos.

Do I like turnips? It is a question that has been on my mind for a while - you know one of those deep philosophical questions to consider on a long rainy afternoon. I would love to hear your thoughts on turnips or any other thoughts you might have for that matter.
Until next time – be careful with those leftover Sparklers!

No comments: