Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Summer and Moosecellaneous!


Hello Summer!

This week we welcomed back the sunshine to Mooseville! It was a strange phenomenon – blue sky and warm temperatures, but it sure had everyone in good spirits, including me. Everything seems to be drying out and despite my optimism, I would have to admit that I am getting ready for the next batch of thunderstorms and clouds. The nice folks at the Farmer’s Almanac even went so far as to apologize last week for being right – but being right isn’t always a good thing.

In other news around the Moose state, the legislature decided to prohibit smoking in state parks, beaches and historic sites. The law, put forth earlier this year by Senator John Nutting, was passed just before most parks opened for the summer season.

As the mayor of Mooseville, I try not to be too political, but I am pleased with this new effort to reduce secondhand smoke for the animals and people who enjoy the parks and it will eliminate those ugly cigarette butts from littering our favorite places.

Now if I can just convince people to stop throwing trash out of their cars – there was already is a law against littering, so stop already will you! We don’t even have any fast food restaurants in Mooseville, but I am always stumbling over Burger King and McDonalds bags and wrappers. I do fancy those new Frostys from Wendy’s, but there never seems to be anything left in the cups except rain water and that is a real disappointment for me.

I also wanted to talk up the new section of Mooseville for a little bit. It's called Moosecellaneous! It is going to be growing into something for you to be entertained and have a good laugh when you visit! So if you are having a bad day, this will definitely be a place to go to help lift your spirits! It will have things that are not moose from fun signs, t-shirts, lights, oddball items and plush animals. Keep checking it out weekly for fun new products! Here's a link to it now!

Don't forget your sunscreen and have a great week ahead!

No comments: