Saturday, January 31, 2009

Winter Lingers On...

Is it cold enough for you? What about snow and ice, haven’t we had enough of that already. In Mooseville, the snowdrifts are getting bigger than I am, but the nights are getting shorter as we move towards spring.

I know you hate it when I am overly optimistic right! I can hear you now saying, “Brodey, it is only Day One of February.”

In the month of February, there are some exciting things to celebrate. There are holidays like Valentine’s Day and February school vacation and the Phillips Community Center is having an Ice Skating party with cookies and hot chocolate on the 17th. We get to celebrate the birthdays of Abe Lincoln and George Washington with Presidents’ Day in the middle.

However, before I get myself all excited about that we should talk about today – it is Superbowl Sunday! Turn on your television and chef up some chicken wings and nachos because I am coming over soon.

In case you live in a burrow and don’t know who is playing, count on me to keep you informed. It is the Cardinals against the Steelers. Almost as important as the game, is the commercials they will play during half time.

Speaking of burrows, I want to remind you about one very important thing that happens on February 2. According to the smart people at Wikipedia, “the largest Groundhog Day celebration is held in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.” Punxsutawney Phil will step out of his burrow to meet his adoring fans on Monday and there are expected to be more than 25,000 people checking out his shadow.

We hope it will be cloudy!

No comments: